Buffalo Wings Dairy-Free is so delicious as well as easy to make.
So, if you live in America, Buffalo Wings have become the item to have at sporting events or parties. Just about every local bar or pub has them on the menu. Most restaurants have a version on the menu, but nothing can beat HOME MADE BUFFALO WINGS!
Get your ingredients out and preheat your oven! I will warn you the smell of these cooking is going to just make you so hungry! Make sure you wash your chicken and let it dry before you coat it.
Cooking Chicken aka Wings
Get a large bowl out. It will make your oil and spices look like it’s not enough, but you need space to toss the chicken around and coat the chicken.
Add all your spices to the mixture. As you bake this you can add more or less of the spices of your choosing. Sometimes I put a few dashes of poultry seasoning in too!
Make sure the chicken is very nicely coated. This is what it’s going to give it wonderful flavor and a crispiness too it that you won’t believe it’s baked and not fried! Any left in the bowl I drizzle over the tops of the chicken before putting it in the oven.
Put your chicken on a wire rack on a jelly roll pan or baking sheet. This will drop juices. I’ve started lining my pan with foil for easier clean up. I also put a foil tent over the top to keep the oven clean. I’ve also found this makes the chicken even juicier! Also spray the wire rack with cooking spray so the chicken doesn’t stick.
Make sure your chicken is cooked all the way through. You do not want to get sick from under cooked chicken! If they are done set them aside. You can use a tong, take them off the rack, and put them in a bowl or on a plate if you wish.
Buffalo Wing Sauce
Buffalo Wings Dairy-Free Sauce is a great sauce because you can make it mild to as hot as you want it. So, my recipe has Cayenne Pepper on it – I’m a wuss and don’t like things too spicy so this is all I put in. PLEASE make this as hot as you would like! This is also where you would use plant-based butter to make this a dairy-free dish.
Here I have the chicken wings in a bowl waiting for that delicious sauce. Taste your sauce before you pour it on your wings. If it’s too spicy add some butter. If it’s too mild – add some Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper Flakes to bring the heat up.
Once you’ve poured all the sauce in over the wings, give the bowl a toss or stir. Mix it all around so the sauce covers every part of your wings and drumettes. Then get out your favorite gluten free ranch dressing and enjoy!
- 2-3 Pounds chicken Wings and/or Drumettes
- 3-4 Tablespoons oil Olive or Vegetable
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Frank's Hot Pepper Sauce (If you have a different brand that should work)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Optional for more heat.
- Preheat oven to 400° F
Set wire rack inside a large rimmed baking sheets or jelly roll pan. Line the bottom of the pan with foil for easy clean up. Spray the wire rack with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Wash chicken wings or drumettes and pat dry on paper towel.
- In a bowl whisk together oil and seasonings.
- Put chicken in the bowl and toss to coat with seasoned oil mixture.
Place coated chicken on wire wracks. Cover with a piece of foil. This helps to keep your oven clean. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. NO PINK in your chicken!
Let cool for about 5-10 minutes. While cooling prepare your Buffalo Sauce.
- Top with Buffalo Sauce - toss in pan or bowl.
- In a small pan melt butter, hot pepper sauce and seasonings.
- Continue to stir, bring to a light boil.
- Remove from heat and cover wings.
- Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese and celery sticks if you have them!