Fudge Mint Bars Gluten-Dairy-Egg-Free are easy to make, you just need time to bake and cool the layers.
Fudge Mint Bars Gluten-Dairy-Egg-Free
The fudge mint bars are a huge thing in our house every 4th of July! As a kid I grew up eating this – little did I know I was allergic to eggs, dairy, and gluten! I sure did love these. My mom would make them and take them to an annual 4th of July Party we went to every year – food, pool, trivial pursuit, and fireworks – what more could you want?!
Here is a version of these Fudge Mint Bars that are gluten-free. You can make them with duck eggs, and they will turn out so yummy! You can also use egg substitute for this recipe as well. Use plant-based butter for you butter substitute. For chocolate I use Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup in the can for this recipe. Just make sure you are NOT using milk chocolate because it will have milk in it.
These are a must-have item this time of year!
This is a wonderful treat I grew up with having at our 4th of July BBQ's. Many people have requested this recipe over the years! This is just the right blend of chocolate and mint.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter (plant-based)
- 4 each Eggs (Egg Substitute)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla (Make sure it's gluten free!)
- 16 oz Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- 2 Cups powder sugar Also called Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter (plant-based) Melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract (Make sure it's gluten free!)
- 2 Tablespoons Milk (Non-Dairy Milk)
- Green Food Coloring To Color Desired
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter (plant-based)
- Pre-heat your oven.
- Cream your butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs.
- Add in all other dry ingredients.
- Add in other wet ingredients: Vanilla and Chocolate Syrup.
- Mix well.
- Put into a GREASED 11 x 16 or 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients together. Put as much or as little green food coloring in as you like.
- Spread over cooled cake layer.
- Let set. Can put in fridge to speed up setting process.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together. You can heat in microwave or over the stove.
- Stir until well blended.
- Spread over green layer.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
If using an 11 x 16 pan you may want to double the Mint Frosting layer.
You can make this the day before you want to serve it, so it's set nicely. Keep in the refrigerator!