Nachos Gluten-Free is a dish I love but, really, who doesn’t? Ok, maybe some weirdo who doesn’t like cheese. Nachos can be an appetizer, side dish, or if you do it right a meal all by itself!
So, you layer chips, beans, taco meat, cheese. Then another layer of chips, beans, taco meat and cheese. Two layers? YES!!! You can used left over taco meat rather than making taco meat just for this. Wonderful way to stretch your food budget!
OMG this smell so good once you are done baking them! but you aren’t finished yet! This is the first step in having a great plate of nachos to eat.
Bake them until the cheese is melted and the chips are a little toasty.
Finishing the Nachos
Now top with liquid gold and garnish with chopped tomatoes or salsa, green onion, guacamole, and sour cream! If you like olives or jalapenos add those too! Liquid Gold is the Tostito’s Cheese Dip that is in the recipe.
This is just delicious or heaven on a plate. My mother loves these to the point where she won’t get nachos when we go out anymore. I’ve even served them to people from Belgium who loved them! Easy to make and so delicious!
WARNING: This dish is only gluten-free.
- 1 Bag Corn Tortilla Chips Your favorite kind will work
- 16 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 16 oz Monterrey Jack Cheese Grated
- 1 can Re-fried Beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion Yellow or White - chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning (Mc Cormick is a reliable gluten free brand)
- 1 Jar Tostito's Cheese Dip
- 2-3 Roma Tomatoes Chopped
- 3-4 sprigs green onion Chopped
- Sour Cream
- In a frying pan put the butter and onion. Add the meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add taco seasoning. You can add it dry or follow the directions on the package.
- When meat is finished remove from heat. Don't over cook the meat because it's going to get baked.
- Pre heat your oven to 350.
- In a 9 x 13 pan put down a layer of corn chips.
- With two spoons drop dollops of re fried beans on the chips all over the pan. Don't use all the beans - about half.
- Next top with about half of the taco meat.
- Sprinkle with half the Cheddar and half the Monterrey jack cheese.
- Put another layer of chips on top.
- Repeat re fried beans, taco meat, the cheeses.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted the way you like.
- While that's baking chop tomatoes, green onion, olives if you like them. Get your sour cream and guacamole out. Or make fresh guacamole.
- Remove nachos from the oven.
- Microwave the Tostito's Nacho Cheese.
- Pour over the top of all of the nachos.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and green onion.
- You can dish up portions onto plates or everyone just dig in. People will need forks!